[off-topic] Which LCD (or LED) monitor?

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Fri Dec 30 17:07:53 WST 2011

<rant>
I'm looking for a 21" monitor that reasonably accurately displays what
is sent to it.
Last year I got an Acer H223HQ.  It is nice enough for most stuff, but
when it comes to white text on a black background it is absolutely
miserable.
It re-adjusts the display to 'improve' it, resulting in unreadable
text.  I'm constantly needing to press the Auto button to get an
acceptable display.
It can have good crisp text on one side of the screen but on the other
side characters have more than half the pixels dimmed.
Press the Auto button and the brightness varies across the screen in
waves before settling down.
It's too &$&^%$ smart for it own good.
</rant>

Is there a monitor that will display what it receives without
'improving' it?

Jim