[plug] Pinouts / Noise / solutions

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 7 12:04:40 WST 1998

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Mike Holland wrote:

> > DB25 RS232 pinouts, I need to make up a DB9F to DB25F cable using
>
> Peter,
> sorry for the confusion.
> PLUG is an acronym, and is not devoted to discussing computer plugs
> and sockets.

Yes, I realise that I'm not _TOTALLY_ stupid, I do realise PLUG stands
for Perth Linux Users Group, and maybe I should have mentioned it as well
but I want to intend to use the cable, along with a null modem connector
to connect two PCs together to be able to connect from one to the other
using minicom, one is a Linux box with out a monitor etc and the other is
(suprisingly) Linux box. The problem is that the Linux box with no monitor
sometimes looses its network connection, and I want to be able to access
via the serial port to re-establish the network connection, or at least be
able to shut it down gracefully.

Peter