[plug] mail delay

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Tue Jul 14 08:11:57 WST 1998

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Leon Brooks wrote:

> Shackleton, Kevin wrote:
> > I notice that sometimes my messages turn up at PLUG in a minute or
> > three, sometimes a day or so later.
>
> Mine arrives consistently within about 30 seconds to 2 minutes, but not
> always in the order that it left.

Mine is pretty quick too. Exceptions readily accounted for the fact I'm
offline when mailing so it sits round until sendmail finds a connexion (up
to 30-minute delay here. I do a sendmail q run when the connexion starts,
but mail sometimes sits on my workstation) and because mail retrieval is
by two fetchmails.

I have found mail from various lists appears out of order, sometimes a
reply precedes a response.

Cheers
John Summerfield