plug How much RAM do u need to set up a samba server?

David Buddrige David.Buddrige at optum.com.au
Fri Jun 5 09:07:40 WST 1998

machine. I wouldn't
	>consider running Squid on less than 16Mb. If you're serious
about you're
	>evaluation (which seems workable), then you would otherwise
reach a poor
	>conclusion for the sake of $20 of memory.

	Incidently, we've got a 486-dx2-66 with 32mb ram acting as a
live (production) squid/proxy server, that outperforms a pentium 150
with 80mb ram running nt and ms-proxy!  it's been happily serving away
for months, with barely a hickup... the nt box is now being used for
something else.... 8-)

	having had so much performance out of the proxy, thought we'd
give it a shot with file and mail services... 8-)

	anyway, I think i'll get that extra 4mb ram, and run it a 8mb...

	ta for the help....

	regards

	DB.. 8-)