plug GIMP - a burning need.

Leon Brooks leonb at ami.com.au
Sun Jun 7 10:41:18 WST 1998

The Thought Assassin wrote:
> How many of us out there are using the Gimp?

Me. Lots, since I've go a _whole_ 32M of RAM now (-:

I want a version that doesn't use X, so I can batch-produce graphics. I
guess it would require enough of X to find and decode fonts.

> 3.) The big one. GIMP 1.0 has recently been released, and "Wilberworks"
> the company founded by the core GIMP coders to provide commercial support
> to the GIMP software, have announced a "GIMP 1.0 CD" with GIMP sources,
> binaries for various platform, a huge online manual, tutorials, FAQs,
> heaps of patterns, fonts, brushes, plugins, scripts, and free-to-use
> artwork....the lot, basically.

> In the spirit of the big PLUG RH5 burn, how many of us out there would
> like to do a similar burn of the GIMP CD?

Me!

> Well, let me know if any of you are interested, or if you think you can
> do a reasonable talk on the GIMP.

Interested, yes, but I'm more at home with Scheme than graphic design.
If it can wait until July, perhaps I can, er, brush up...