[plug] PLUG elections tomorrow

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Nov 9 07:53:39 WST 1998

Hi, Tony/named!

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> I propose that someonme Nomintaes a person, by sending myself
> (tony at cantech.net.au) an email. I will then contact the nominee privately and
> ask if they are willing to act as a committe member.  Then On Monday monring I
> can post a list of nominee's and their nominator to this list.  Then on
> Tuesday it should be a simple matter of electing the commitee and then
> assigning positions (via a vote).

Are we required to have only traditional offices (pres, sec'try, tres
etc), or can we have named, ld, inetd etc? Or both? In which case,
you're a pretty functional inetd/secretary already, David Campbell is
doing well as ld/librarian+postgres/treasurer, and somebody energetic,
loud and authoritarian (and opportunistic, and, unlike myself, good at
prioritising) like Gary Allpike would make a good president. Chris
Mcdonald would also make a good and highly respectable president
(perhaps short a little on the loud), but I fear for his time
committments. Does that make four nominations? How many do we need?
[descriptions somewhat tongue-in-cheek, for those named]