[plug] PLUG elections tomorrow

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Nov 9 11:26:51 WST 1998

On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Leon Brooks wrote:

> Hi, Tony/named!
>
> Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> > I propose that someonme Nomintaes a person, by sending myself
> > (tony at cantech.net.au) an email. I will then contact the nominee privately and
> > ask if they are willing to act as a committe member.  Then On Monday monring I
> > can post a list of nominee's and their nominator to this list.  Then on
> > Tuesday it should be a simple matter of electing the commitee and then
> > assigning positions (via a vote).
>
> Are we required to have only traditional offices (pres, sec'try, tres
> etc), or can we have named, ld, inetd etc? Or both? In which case,

Well their offical titles should be "traditional" BUT what we call then
internally it up to us ... I sorta assumed that we would call them things like
inetd
talkd
named etc etc etc as you suggested.

> you're a pretty functional inetd/secretary already, David Campbell is
> doing well as ld/librarian+postgres/treasurer, and somebody energetic,
> loud and authoritarian (and opportunistic, and, unlike myself, good at
> prioritising) like Gary Allpike would make a good president. Chris
> Mcdonald would also make a good and highly respectable president
> (perhaps short a little on the loud), but I fear for his time
> committments. Does that make four nominations? How many do we need?

Our charter has four positions:
(a) a Chairperson;
(b) a Vice-Chairperson;
(c) a Secretary; and
(d) a Treasurer;

So I guess you've nominated:
G Alpike/C. Mcdonald:        Chairperson
Me:                          Secretary
D. Campbell:                 Treasurer

Perhaps either Chis/ Gary could be Vice-Chairperson ???
Well I can't seapk for anyone else but I'd be happy to be inetd.

Yours Tony.