[plug] Which log file?

Neil Hunt grover at technologist.com
Tue Sep 8 16:28:06 WST 1998

I set up my own log file, because the /var/log/messages wasn't
comprehensive enough...
Each of my dialing scripts have the line
cat date >> ppplog
which just adds the date and time you connect and disconnect to the net.
You could also cat a little text message to the log
ie cat pppup >> ppplog
   cat date >> log in you dial ppp-up script, and
   cat pppdown >> ppplog
   cat date >> ppplog in your ppp-down script

Neil....