[plug] Adaptec AVA 1520 and Linux?

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Wed Sep 23 18:17:11 WST 1998

I just received a SCSI internal ZIP drive only to find that Iomega ships
an Adaptec AVA 1520 with it. The drive has been installed in a DCS
(Digital Control System) console so I have this little card still
in its original anti-static bag.

When I say little, it fits in an ISA slot and is 37mm high (or 45mm
if you include the ISA connector), barely enough room for the 50
way connector.

Has anyone tried to use a similar card under Linux?
What is the performance like?

David Campbell

PS: No wonder the internal SCSI ZIP drives are about $30 more
than the others...
campbell at torque.net

Current project list:
a) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers
b) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers
c) Start on ParSCSI drivers
d) Boot proms for parport devices (socket onto NE2000 cards)

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome