Rampant Search Page Confusion (was: [plug] apt-get segfaulting)

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Sun Apr 11 22:28:24 WST 1999

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Christian wrote:
> Peter Caffin wrote:
> > > The Debian search engine page doesn't use frames...
> >
> > http://insite.verisim.com/search/debian/simple does. And *that* is the
> > search script linked to http://www.debian.org's front page. Is there
> > another one buried somewhere else?
>
> There's one sneakily buried under "Debian packages" which is the one
> Greg and I have been referring to.

That explains it.

> It's very useful for finding
> information on the available packages and dependencies.  It has no
> frames.  Try it. :)

On the condition that you guys try the other one *evil-grin*. I want you
guys to know why I've been ranting ;).

> I tried going to the link you gave me but I get a DNS lookup failure.

Have a look at http://www.debian.org/ though for that link on the word
`Search` though. Hopefully that search script's demise is permanent. Why
it was linked to the main page when (apparently) there's a much better one
elsewhere on site...

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |