[plug] Disappearing email...

David Campbell campbell at gear.torque.net
Tue Apr 20 07:20:29 WST 1999

To:             	plug at linux.org.au
Subject:        	Re: [plug] Disappearing email...
Date sent:      	Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:13:28 +0800
From:           	John Summerfield <summer at os2.ami.com.au>
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> > I figured out the problem was that my mailer was stamping the "From:"
> > field to be "campbell at torque.net" when I am subscribe as
> > "campbell at gear.torque.net".
> >
> > *sigh* Just a twist in the email headers....
>
> A well-crafted sendmail will fix that. I can (and sometimes do) set from:
> to emu.os2.ami.com.au or possum.os2.ami.com.au, both of which you can't
> mail to though they're fine here. on the way out, sendmail fixes them.

That is a solution providing you are on the right side of the
internet gateway. In my case I am on the wrong side of the firewall
and rely on the "forwarding" ability of a sub-configured quasi-stable
Exchange mail server (eg: what phase of the moon is it?).

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net
"This is not an office, rather Hell with fluorescent lighting"