[plug] Caller ID Problems

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Aug 5 10:39:07 WST 1999

On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, Garth Atkinson wrote:

> I configure the modem with AT#CID1 to report CID information, which
> works well.
>
> The problem is that the caller id info is only displayed once per
> answered call. If I reject the call (ie dont answer it based on CID
> information) then subsequent calls dont have their cid info displayed.

Probably a silly question, but did you use AT&W to write that
configuration to the modem's memory? After every call mgetty will reset
the modem with ATZ (and a few other settings compiled into mgetty)

You can change the init string mgetty uses by editing
/etc/mgetty/mgetty.config and changing the "init-chat" line to something
like:

init-chat "" \d\d\d+++\d\d\dATZ OK \d\d\dAT#CID1 OK

That way after every call mgetty automatically enables CID (and you won't
have to write it to memory with AT&W)

 - Matt