[plug] Goodbye Internet Oppression Hello windoze as usual!

John Menzies ccm01 at tpg.com.au
Mon Aug 16 09:57:03 WST 1999

At 12:26 AM 15/08/1999 , you wrote:
>I seem to remember this debate being on the list a few months ago and
>(AFAIK) your side lost.  It didn't have a terribly large amount to do
>with Linux back then and I'm not sure this has changed much.  I also
>suspect a lot of people are probably a bit sick of the censorship debate
>since it's pretty much over now and the government didn't listen to them
>anyway.  If I'm wrong about this and everyone wants to have it all over
>again then feel free to ignore me but otherwise maybe the PLUG list is
>not the best place for a rehash of this argument. (for memory the EFA
>set up a list about this - Oliver posted the info a few months ago.)

I agree- but then it was a nice quiet sunday and what better way to spend
it than chatting with pluggers.

I am running an internet gateway on a machine with  Winpuddle 98 and it has
just started to reboot randomly - the harware and software, hard disks etc
look fine after numerous tests and checked all the cables, and bug free.  I
think this is a software issue - time to:

1) reload windows and all software, or
2) format the HD and load Linux

Any suggestions?

Regards