[plug] PORNO and our internet

Marc strkefoc at vianet.net.au
Mon Aug 16 09:06:33 WST 1999

I have seen peoples views in regards to pornography on the internet.
Whether or not anyone likes it or dislikes it is not the point.  I dislike
hate groups as well as a lot of other things such as child pornography.
There is no way I'm condoning what is going on and I don't believe anyone in
the world or at least in this group is agreeing with the fact of having
pornography on the net. But:

I believe in Freedom of Speach.  I understand it can be abused but I believe
if we start controlling what we can view and what we can't then you run the
risk of going backwards in time.  I mean communism was built that way so was
facism.  Understand I'm not condoning what people say.  I'm saying whether
or not I agree with what is online there must be freedom to express oneself.

If they are child molesters without a doubt arrest them.  Pornography is one
of the oldest professions in the world, to say that people do this because
they are on drugs is ludicrous and to think that the Australian Government
can control is even more stupid.  I specify that because you can get access
to a dns server outside of Australia and view anysites that you want.  There
is no way that the government can control it and to try to is futile and a
waste of resources.

My view is draw limits but pornography which is worse in most magazines is
stupid to ban.  It doesn't do any harm whatsoever.  Child pornography in my
opinion they should be burned at a stake.  Slow down the internet just to
stop people from viewing sex sites is even more stupid.  I can't believe
that people would risk Australias leadership in technology on something as
futile as this.

My Little opinion.
Marc