[plug] Sound on Linux

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Thu Aug 19 04:06:38 WST 1999

For sound to work on Linux, is OSS the only current solution or are there free sound drivers?
Last time I purchased OSS driver, they said lifetime unlimited upgrades. Now that the driver supports
new hardware, they say I have to pay for it. The old license does not work on new hardware. It is not
a portable license.

I have a WaveTable Sound card that came with the system. Are there any other solutions for sound
other than commercial drviers with "unlimited upgrades"?

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.

http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/