[plug] ComputerBank meeting Tues 24th 7:45pm

Christian christian at global.net.au
Thu Aug 19 09:48:56 WST 1999

Gary Allpike wrote:

> I'll help - but I'll not be party to installing slackware or redhat.
>
> I believe it would be far easier to install debian on the systems.  The
> biggest complaint aboiut debian is that it is hard to INSTALL - if I'm
> going to do the installation then theres nothing hard left!!
>
> and the apt package manager makes life so easy for people that dont really
> know what they are doing.
>
> Also, there are a LOT more packages available for debian than any other
> distribution.

I'm also interested in helping but, at risk of sounding (more?)
bigotted, also not particularly interested in installing Red Hat or
Slackware (certainly not the latter).  If those who are involved in the
Computer Bank here want to email me off-list about helping out then
please do. :)

Regards,

Christian.

--
One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is...  If they do
foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.