[plug] ComputerBank meeting Tues 24th 7:45pm

bob at contact.omen.com.au bob at contact.omen.com.au
Fri Aug 20 16:49:21 WST 1999

In <37BD1B33.C1747944 at global.net.au>, on 20/Aug/99
   at 09:09 AM,(+0000 GMT)
Christian <christian at global.net.au> said:

>To ditch the metaphor, I think the last thing most people who can't
>really afford a new computer and who have little or no experience with
>computers will be interested in will be what you're proposing to teach
>them.  They just want to get the thing up and running, do their everyday
>tasks and *maybe* install some new software if/when it comes along.
>Those who want to learn more can get involved in the user group and take
>advantage of the existing support and education infrastructure - after
>all, that is what it's there for and it seems silly to me for CB to try
>and duplicate it.

We're talking about people who either have been rejected by or reject the
"existing support and education infrastructure" so I see a lot of sense in
trying to give them the training or at least take them to the point where
they can fly themselves.

--
/-- Bob Ogden  bob at contact.omen.com.au --------------/

Does your system break in 133 days?