[plug] APM daemon

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 30 20:29:14 WST 1999

Christian wrote:

> Len Bird wrote:
>
> > > -I do not disagree with your sentiment but having tried that first before
> > > I used the PLUG board it is apparent tnat you did not do so.
> >
> > So there !!!   Len Bird.
>
> I just asked two people I know who run Red Hat 6.0 and both could easily
> find manual pages for apmd.  I did not check it myself before replying
> to your initial post because I don't run Red Hat - and even if I did, I
> wouldn't have software that I don't need installed on it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian.
> --
> Sharing of software was not limited to our particular community; it is
> as
> old as computers, just as sharing of recipes is as old as cooking.
>                                                     - Richard Stallman

Many thanks to Leon,  Mike, and Garth for their civil responses.  No thanks to
Christian for his quite un-necessary comments. He must be really hard pressed
for an argument.  I further note that he relies upon hearsay "evidence" to
further support his prognostications.   My own experiences support the view that
it is better to know what you are talking about;

Cheers all,

Len Bird