[plug] Accessing multiple Samba shares

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Tue Dec 28 10:45:53 WST 1999

On  0, Ian Kent <ian.kent at pobox.com> wrote:

> Subba Rao wrote:
>
> > I have defined 2 shares in my smb.conf. When I try to access these
> > shares from the NT box, I can access only USER1 home directory. For USER2,
> > I always get the login dialog. I have used smbpasswd to add USER2, but still
> > can't access it. How do I access USER2 account too?
>
> I see you have declared shares for the users. That should not needed at all?
> Only the [homes] share is needed to provide home directories.
>
> Do both user Ids exist on the Unix box?
> Are you sure that the password being passed to the Samba server is correct?

Thank you. I yanked out the shares for USER1 and USER2 and stayed with [homes].

I always logon to the NT system as the administrator. However, I would like to access all the
user's home directories on Linux system. That would allow me to do backups. Under the
current setup, I can only see the directory of the person as I logon.

Any suggestions, if this can be done?

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com