[plug] LILO Problems

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Feb 10 14:35:48 WST 1999

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

> I've got a problem on the boot setup of lilo I've got a 366 mhz pentium
> running RH5.2 with a 9.2 gig SCSI hard drive with two partitions

Did you tell your BIOS to boot off the SCSI drive?
Does you SCSI card support booting of drives, is it switched on, and has
it been told which SCSI ID. to boot off?

Also, some SCSI HDDs need to have lilo installed with "linear" in
/etc/lilo.conf (or with lilo run with -l)

> Verifying DMI Pool Data ........
> 1FA:
>
> then it hangs.

That really suggests a BIOS problem to me - it is usually printed when the
BIOS can't find a hard disk to boot off.

 - Matt