[plug] Re: Members' ages (what about profiles ?)

David Buddrige david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Fri Feb 12 13:35:31 WST 1999

Rob Hall wrote:
> I tend to make more on an NT setup, because there will ALWAYS be
> followup work, but customer satisfaction isn't always 100%.  With Linux
> I set it up and don't hear from the client for ages, and if I do get a
> problem, it doesn't take long to fix over a modem line.  Not quite the
> profit margin for me, but a very good customer satisfaction rate!

Yes, and I'll bet you get good recommendations from other sites who were
happy with your no-messing-about lets just get it working approach -
which probably makes up for the lack of support calls... ;-)

> Love my work intensely.

I find that working with a non-broken OS makes for extreme
job-satisfaction...

IMO working with a broken OS like NT causes more frustration than it's
worth.

BTW I'm 25 - I work as a software engineer.  8-)