No subject

Lindsay Allen allen at gw.comoshs.wa.edu.au
Fri Feb 19 12:28:03 WST 1999

Hi,

I could use some help with a sendmail problem. I have a new Debian box
acting as smarthost for an NT mail server.  The NT box has a private net
IP so the Debian box has an MX record pointing to the NT box.  Nothing
special here.

But when mail destined for the NT box arrives, I get a message about relaying
being denied.  Here are two log entries for one such message:

Feb 18 16:51:25 gw sendmail[2348]: QAA02348: ruleset=check_rcpt,
arg1=<igaynor at comoshs.wa.edu.au>, relay=root at mentor.cbcfreo.wa.edu.au
[203.91.66.225], reject=550 <igaynor at comoshs.wa.edu.au>... Relaying denied

Feb 18 16:51:25 gw sendmail[2348]: QAA02348:
from=<root at mentor.cbcfreo.wa.edu.au>, size=46, class=0, pri=0, nrcpts=0,
proto=ESMTP, relay=root at mentor.cbcfreo.wa.edu.au [203.91.66.225]

Does the message mean that the Debian box will not forward the mail, or
is the NT box refusing it?

Any help much appreciated.  Please address replies to
allen at gw.comoshs.wa.edu.au,allen at cleo.murdoch.edu.au

Lindsay