[plug] Re: Computer Bank - please dont give them away.

Tamara Thompson THOMPSON at gate.sunquest.com
Thu Jan 7 00:14:20 WST 1999

That is a brilliant idea!  Perhaps keeping the project small at first, and focussed at a specific audience would help launch it.

I wonder if your equivalent of "Junior High" (12-14yrs) and High School would be a good place to start a Linux club?  That way you offer the "courses" and pc's to a variety of kids from all different backgrounds?

I can imagine such a project growing into a club where the kids themselves eventually help others put hardware together and teach each other about Linux.

Tamara

>>> "Buddrige, David" <david.buddrige at mitswa.com.au> 01/05 9:35 PM >>>
One idea I could think of to avoid problems of people getting pc's and then
selling them is to offer them thus:

1. Offer "free/cheap linux/computer training courses"
2. On "graduation" you receive a free pc.

This seems to me to be an easy way of sorting out those who are really
interested - also solves the problem of people getting a pc and not knowing
what to do with it...

regards

David Buddrige