[plug] Training for Linux?

Marc Wiriadisastra strkefoc at vianet.net.au
Tue Jan 26 12:01:31 WST 1999

In regards to David's comments on how to move forward in the Linux development and movement into the server areas and as well as the desktop arena.  The biggest challenge that people will face is lack of knowledge.  If there is courses that can offer learning linux or something that will help people like the office training certificates as well as other such courses it would be of great benefit.  I believe in my own opinion, and please correct me if I'm wrong,  the only people who will go out and teach themselves using books are sys-admins and people who love computers.  I have come to realise although there are a lot of people who are interested in Linux it is one of those areas that people don't want to "ruin" a machine if it deosn't work properly or if its to hard.

Solution: "Again my opinion"  We somehow start or find a course that teaches linux in most areas or all areas obviously if its viable linux office development how to use windows .doc products on linux machine by transferring them to partitions as well as other things.  Although most of us would like to see Windows crash and burn I would say we have to help people in that area who look at things through Microsoft's product eyes.

One other thing nothing to do with what I was just talking about.  I was unable to attend the meeting cause I couldn't find the building.  I was at the music department near the tennis courts.  I was running late as well so I rang that phone number on the web site but still couldn't find it.  Nonetheless I'll try next time sorry to bother whoever I rang.

Regards,
Marc