[plug] FW: Adult Websites Ox govt regs being bypassed

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 5 10:55:23 WST 1999

On 7/5/99, 8:57:37 AM, walter.hill at customs.gov.au wrote regarding RE:
[plug] FW: Adult Websites Ox govt regs being bypassed:

>               Hmmm,

>               Last time that I read my copy of the Constitution I
didn't
> recall seeing anything about freedom of speech.

>               "...succeeded in stripping you of your freedom of
speech..."

The Australian Constitution does not define or mention human rights.
It is merely an instrument to define the powers of the feral
government, and the relationship of the feral government to the state
governments.

However, if you are interested in the issue of free speech, and the
legal status of human rights on australia, then you should find the
High Court ruling, that stated that treaties ratified by the feral
government, are legally binding on australia, and then, after having
read the terms of that decision of the High Court, read the Articles
of the UN International Covenant of Civil and Political Rights, which
was ratified by the peacock that was the foreign minister in 1968, I
believe, and, also verify that it "entered into force for australia",
a number of years ago.

Thus, whilst "freedom of speech" is not specifically mentioned in the
australian constitution, the right is supposed to be applicable.

However, the feral government does not worry about what is legal and
what is not, nor about human rights. Remember the person who was
imprisoned at the feral election before the last one, because he tried
to inform people of their rights in terms of voting at that election.

This anti-liberal feral government, as with the previous anti-labour
feral government, have both violated human rights in australia, and it
will continue, as long as the people are apathetic.

>               Also, I imagine colluding with a foreign national to
> circumvent Australian law might be frowned upon.

No doubt they will have created a clause making a defined criminal
offence, "conspiring to publish banned material", and "conspiring with
a foreign power to introduce human rights into australia".

Bret Busby