[plug] Printing problem RH6

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Jul 19 14:08:39 WST 1999

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Mark Saxon wrote:

> Well basically out of ignorance, since there seemed to be no out put
> from the lpr command
> and nothing turning up in the print cue nor any other error messages of

Hmmm. I've had similar trouble, ie error messages lost. You will need
to manually run some steps that lpd does, and hopefully will see some
error msgs. Look for 'if=...' in /etc/printcap. Run that program '...'
manually. e.g.

/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter < my_postscript_file > out_file

If it worked, out_file would contain PCL or whatever printer code.
But with luck you might see an error message.

If the filter works, try manually sending it, e.g.

cat out_file > /dev/lp0

Hope that helps.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	"Disraeli was pretty close: actually, there are Lies, Damn lies,
	 Statistics, Benchmarks, and Delivery dates."