[plug] Linux alternatives to Lotus Notes / Microsoft Exchange

Bevan Broun bevanb at ee.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 23 13:34:56 WST 1999

on Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 01:28:17PM +0800, Paul Baumgarten <paul at kcc.wa.edu.au> wrote:
> I am curious to know of any Linux alternatives to packages such as Lotus
> Notes/Domino or Microsoft Outlook/Exchange that can manage mail / schedules
> / contacts / meetings and possibly a document search and retrieval system...
> in other words, basically a M.I.S. (Management Information Systems).
>
> While the servers will be Linux, the client will be Win9x.
>
> If anyone knows of any suitable packages (along with relevant URLs) I would
> appreicate it.

A search for linux at www.lotus.com gives

<quote>
  Computerworld - January 25, 1999
  by Roberta Fusaro

  Read about plans for making Linux, the open-source, Unix-like
operating system, a platform for R5.

     "Add Lotus to the growing list of supporters of Linux, the
open-source, Unix-like operating system. Lotus Development Corp.
President and CEO Jeffrey Papows last week said the company will ship a
Linux version of its Domino 5.0 messaging and application server by
year's end."

</quote>

--
Bevan Broun                                           ph (08) 9380 1587
Computer Systems Officer                             fax (08) 9380 1065