ANZ, was Re: [plug] Star Office and 5.1 and the registration

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Jun 4 12:47:09 WST 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> Does that include the wonderful method of security (?) developed by
> the ANZ Internet banking facility (shut out everyone who does not have
> IE 4 or IE5, and tell those who can access the facility, that 128 bit
> encryption applies, regardless of the ability of their browser?)

I have recently use ANZ from Netscape 4.51 on Linux.
No problems, except being slow. Nothing special to do.
What method do they use?  A java encryption program?

As for Commonwealth Bank, I did manage to run Netbank.exe under Wine,
but VMware is a whole lot easier.

Any other banks doing internet acces? How good from Linux?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec