[plug] Netscape behaviour?

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 12 16:35:40 WST 1999

On Wed, 3 Jan 1996, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Mark Saxon wrote:
> >
> > I've been using Netscape 4.51 for a while and it  seems to be an
> > improvement on previous versions.
> > It does inexplicably exit when trying to access some sites however
> > http://www.further.com/jeremy/khylafax is an example.
>
> Does this site ALWAYS crash 4.51?? I just went to it then and it's fine
> with Netscape 4.6 (with JS and Java turned off).
>
> Linux Netscape is rather painful at times. *sigh*
> (I wish someone'd redo the interface to make a knetscape. ^_^)

I find I have these problems from time to time with Netscape 4.6, but I
assume its Java related as I don't turn Java off. I also have another
problem that someone might be able to shed some light on for me. I can
only run Netscape when I have my ppp link up, if I don't have it up and
run it it runs alright until I click on something, it then locks up and
sometimes even takes X with it. The only solution is to drop to a console
and kill X. It did this with 4.51 as well.

As for knetscape I'd sooner gnetscape, and the Mozilla front end is being
built using gtk+

Peter

| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/