[plug] Quake 2 - Different problem

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Jun 16 12:14:22 WST 1999

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:
>
> > But NO MOUSE CONTROL!! (Basically rendering multiplayer unplayable. -_^)

Killing gpm will fix that.

> Try changing your gpm config so that you pass it the -R option, then check

How do I get a list of quake2 command line options? Nothing in the README.
Bad options dont give a usage. I cant find help on the quake2 console.

Doesnt quake2 use libvga?? I tried setting mdev to /dev/gpmdata, but
quake2 just locked my console and sucked all the cpu. Had to telnet in.

> The same setup works great for X too, which refuses to use my third button
> when it talks to the mouse directly, but is quite happy to use it when
> talking via gpm.

My 3-button serial mouse (msc protocol) has always worked fine,
including under X with gpm running.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
                -- Rich Kulawiec