[plug] HELP::a funny thing happened on the way to the kernel....

blockley blockley at environ.wa.gov.au
Fri Jun 18 16:03:00 WST 1999

In Netscape when you select print from the file menu there is a option
to specify printer command here.  Just insert

lpr -Plp0

In StarOffice select printer setup from your desktop.  There is a
button "connect" which allows you to define a print queue and assign it
to a print (lpr -Plp0)

Cheers

Adrian

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, dynamix wrote:

> mmm..lp0 is there and working as I said its weird I can print from native
> red hat programs from word perfect
> but not from Netscape or star office but kde finds the printer....
> the kernel is 2.2.7
> lpd seems to be fine
> any ideas as to what print command I can use in Netscape and staroffice to
> print to lp0????
> ( I just ported all my office work to star office and as im running
> win2000/office 2000 beta's I don't feel like
> putting them all back ...vie caught penguinitis....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> regardz dez

Adrian Blockley (blockley at environ.wa.gov.au) |       Westralia Square,
Department of Environmental Protection       |       141 St George's Tce
Ph:  61 8 9222 7165			     |       Perth 6000
Fax: 61 8 9321 5184 			     |