[plug] Hello?

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Mar 4 09:57:22 WST 1999

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Well, at least one "don't have a clue" message would've helped. ^_^;;

I would have sent one but was hoping someone here would have been able to
help you, so waited...

> > keycode 115 = osfSelect
> > keycode 116 = osfActivate
> > keycode 117 = osfMenu
>
> Cool!! Could be worth binding 'em to something. ^_^

I've bound them to the same functions of my 3 mouse buttons, so I can
effectively run X without a mouse if I really really have to. :)

> *wonders if there are any Perl IMAP libraries yet*

Haven't found any yet.

> I wonder if KDE will use the Mozilla renderer when it's more polished...

They would be mad not to.

www.kde.org lists them all.. :)

> Oh, is THAT all! ^_^
> Still, I've had enough probs with my home PC lugging it to friends places
> nearby, let alone lugging it on that great exodus to the other side of the
> river. ^_^ It's currently "reclining" on my desk, with the Jaz drive running
> free (damn buggy Jaz drives...)

Yeah, a common problem, which is probably why GW is not as popular as it
should be.. Several people have approached Peter wanting to buy a share
in his business, but I'm trying to convince Peter to get them to buy a
whole bunch of PCs instead (under their own business) and provide them at
GW for Peter to hire out to people, so they don't have to bring their own
PC.. I think it would really take off, and help bring GW more business
too.

> What're the games of the time? Quake2? Many of you lot active on-line gamers??

I was, and if I can ever convince Quake et al. to run at the
monitor frequencies I want them to run at, I probably will be again.
Judging from our last Global Warriors night, several of our members are
avid gamers.

> I'm a co-founder (and leader when none of the rest want the responsibility) of
> Clan Nexus, primarily a Quake2 clan, altho we've been a bit quiet this year.
> Hanging out for Q3A. ^_^

Yeah, we run a Quake2/sin/unreal/shogo/turok2/blood2/halflife/tribes
server here at Networx and the guys in charge of running that are all
excited about Q3A coming out soon.

P.S. The games server is open to anyone on the WAIX or PIX peering points
if anyone on this list wants to play.. :)
http://gamezone.networx.net.au/ for more information.

 - Matt