[plug] PLUG is it inc

Gavin Tweedie tweedie at nw.com.au
Tue Mar 9 16:44:56 WST 1999

Ooops I should read the whole thing before replying....

> On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Garry Moir wrote:

<snip>
> > How are we going to handle an influx of new members. Given the kerfuffle
> > that occured on this list following the announcement of membership fees
> > being due..... It is alright for those of us who are keen on Linux (and
> > hence keen on PLUG) to put up with this lack of information, but new
> > members and particularly new-to-Linux people, will not hang around for a
> > second bite.

Possibly also offering a CD with membership would be a way of keeping
people members of PLUG (ie. they get a new CD each time they renew
(annually presumably). So it would stand as a way that we can help keep
peoples distros reasonably up to date - remembering that almost all people
in Perth are on modems, downloading an image/rpms/debs isnt an option.

> > Just my two bobs' worth (I'm a pre-decimal baby).

I'm too young to know how much two bobs is even friggin worth hahaha :)

Gavin