[plug] Fixing APC pocketbook

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Mar 12 09:57:29 WST 1999

Peter Scully wrote:
> Richard Wiffen wrote:
> > Has anyone else had any trouble with the APC Pocketbook?  I gather from APC's
> > website that it's pretty reliable.

> I'm not sure, as the Pocketbook was my first and only experience with Linux, but
> quite a few things are broken, e.g. xearth mentioned in the Pocketbook doesn't
> work.  If you are experienced with Linux the couple of errors in the book
> shouldn't bother you, but you'll probably find, like me that it only goes far
> enough to set up Linux and get you started, you'll need another book if you want
> to get anywhere.  Thanks to ifriends, I picked up "Running Linux" (O'Reilly) and
> it's got me up and running, now I just need to find out how to fix the stuff that
> doesn't work...

Go to rufus.w3.org and get rpmfind. Get new RPMs for anything broken,
then use either RPM -U (command line) or glint (X windows) to uninstall
the broken bits, and re-install them (and anything else you want) from
the RPMs that you just got.

--
"It's not to control, but to protect the citizens of Singapore. In
 our society, you can state your views, but they have to be correct."