[plug] Any other Web suckers like wget?

steve at rumah.iinet.net.au steve at rumah.iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 19 14:50:11 WST 1999

Hi Leon,

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Leon Brooks wrote:

> >     I've been playing a little with wget, and want to disable the ":80"

> > I can't find how to turn off the port spec (man page and .info file) so am

> Can you simply append the correct port? For e.g.,
> http://www.somewhere.org.ru:3128/blah.html ?

The docs say to use any old url like you would in lynx or a gui browser.
As for knowing the port number, I believe it is and should be invisible to
the average user like myself.

> Are you sure that there's no proxy issue to face here?

No.  I'm not.  Proxy on iiNet is automatic for everything, as I understand
(ie I don't specify a proxy, per iinet docs but my requests go via their
proxy anyway)

> FreshMeat may prove fruiful.

Soon as I finish outputting a video job on the PII I'll hijack the monitor
and go browsing (this old 13" PS/2 just doesn't cut it with Netscape.  :)

Thanks for the response.

Steve

--
Stephen Gill                       ABC-TV Cameraman/editor/soundman
Contact Net Services (& video)	   Freelance cameraman/non-linear editor