[plug] Any other Web suckers like wget?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Mar 22 08:09:21 WST 1999

steve at rumah.iinet.net.au wrote:
> > Are you sure that there's no proxy issue to face here?

> No.  I'm not.  Proxy on iiNet is automatic for everything, as I understand
> (ie I don't specify a proxy, per iinet docs but my requests go via their
> proxy anyway)

Is called "transparetn proxy" and I'm considering doing it at Smileys
since the users prefer to go direct ("it's faster" - on some pages,
cobber, most definitely not on others) and then complain when the whole
show grinds to a halt in peak hour.

> > FreshMeat may prove fruiful.

> Soon as I finish outputting a video job on the PII I'll hijack the monitor
> and go browsing (this old 13" PS/2 just doesn't cut it with Netscape.  :)

Mmm. Yes, rather a lot of furniture on screen, isn't there? I'd like to
squeeze everything on to one toolbar (I only ever use "back," "fwd" and
"refresh" buttons, URL box and bookmarks).

--
"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have
been more specific." --  Lily Tomlin