[plug] Return Receipt on List

Jamie Moir moir at opera.iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 21 19:02:02 WST 1999

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> Perhaps, the easiest solution, which would keep everyone happy, is for me to
> keep going as I have been, and for those who do not like it, to either
> direct any messages that they receive from me, to a directory that they do
> not read, which I believe can be done, or, to switch off their receipting. I
> believe that is a function of pine.

umm, no, it innapropriate to reciept a fricken mailing list for god sake,
im also not the only user of this account, its read by 1 other linux box
and 2 windows boxens, i initially thought that kill filing you on the
other boxes was what i was going to have to do

> That is my intention.

my intention is to kill file you on all the boxes, you seem to be an
arrogant jerk anyway

> For the sake of peace on the mailing list, and to reduce further wastage on
> the mailing list about this topic, my email address is below; any further
> comments that relate to the merits or otherwise of using receipting, should
> perhaps be between me and the individuals concerned.

i dont think that is an appropriate attitude, it is something that you are
doing to all the users of the mailing list

regards, jamie