Enlightenment (Was Re: [plug] KDE & Gnome ...)

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Mar 23 09:51:38 WST 1999

David Campbell wrote:

> Enlightenment ROCKS!!! Very kool window manager (I could live with a
> twilight scene of a bay with water lapping as my background). Tony

Yeah. I use KDE, and I installed the Enlightenment Terminal so I could
play with translucent terminals. ^_^
The novelty wore off after a couple of days of my machine bogging down.
I'm leaning towards Lean now (esp when you average 15 Terminals open at
a time). ^_^

> had his CD Jukebox playing some MP3 files going as well (5 CD-ROMs
> full of MP3s will take how long to play?). Comparing Enlightenment to

About 50-60 hours worth, if they're the standard 128kbit rate.

> Win95 is like comparing Win95 to Win3.1

What does Enlightenment do, though, that, for example, KDE-WM doesn't?