[plug] poor bloke...he is good for a beer though :)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Mar 29 08:21:00 WST 1999

Tony Clark wrote:
> I'm even getting rejected by plug now! Could you send in my question below?

> >> I have a modem running off com1 of my computer. The mouse is a ps2 microsoft mouse connected to aux and works fine. I am unable to communicate with the modem. I have tried minicom with no luck. When linux starts the modem CTS, RTS, RXD, and TXD lights come on and don't go off. the modem link in /etc is to ttys0. I have tried ttys1 and cua0.

Link (/dev/modem) should be to /dev/ttyS0 (note: CAPITAL 'S'), but I
prefer to use /dev/ttyS0 directly as the file-locking works better.

You have subscribed via majordomo as per instructions at
http://plug.linux.org.au - haven't you?

> Systems Marketing Manager
> ERG Telecommunications Pty Ltd a Division of ERG Ltd
> Mobiles Australia +61 411 577715  Asia +852 93168907
> Office Direct +618 9273 1215  Switch + 618 9273 1100

Where's 9273? Out in Maylands somewhere?

--
"The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not
 make a nuisance of himself to other people." -- John Stuart Mill