[plug] Crypt/Decrypt?

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon May 3 18:06:21 WST 1999

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 05:57:20PM -0700, Tamara Thompson wrote:
> Traffic lights? huh? Well, I was raised in Texas, where a yellow light means "hurry up".  :)

"I watched you very carefully. Red light stop, green light go, yellow
light go very fast." -- Starman

[...]
> so, 'Debby Ann' (my Serb friend's pronunciation, <laugh>) or Caldera
> don't come with a built in encrypt prgm either?  Just checking.  Too bad
> ssh doesn't seem to do encryption on files.

They do, just separated out - as Matt said, they can't export encryption
programs from the US. Anyone know if Suse or anyone else does an
integrated distribution?

Debian for example has a list of sites where you can get the parts of
the Debian distribution that have been separated out for crypto and/or
patent reasons ;
http://non-us.debian.org/misc/README.non-US

The joy of apt-get is that you can simply add the non-US package sources
to the rest in your sources.list and install either, transparently.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal