[plug] Linux and Star Office

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Sat May 8 21:30:30 WST 1999

On Sat, 8 May 1999, Bret Busby wrote:

> What do we have to do now, to get Star Office to print to the 500C?
> Linux will print to it from the command line, and the print manager
> from control panel, will do an ascii print test okay.

Brett,
Can you do other graphics printing, e.g. from Netscape? If so then
ghostscript is working there.

  There is a 'bug' in the print scripts, so that if ghostscript fails
to read the postscript, the error message goes to the printer, instead
of the screen, or a log file, or e-mail.

   It looks like ghostscript is failing. Maybe you could try a newer (or
older) version. Do the Star Office manuals say what version of ghostscript
it has been tested with?

Is WordPerfect no good for you?

> When I tried the postscript print test from the print manager in
> control panel, it didn't print until the next print job, and what it
> did print, stepped across the page, started:
> "Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops "
> (stepped to next line)
> "(1488)op_array(486)0x817b0cc:E"
> (end of what was printed).

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.