[plug] ANNOUNCE: Tuesday will be at Fast Eddies, feature PHP demo

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Mon May 10 15:02:09 WST 1999

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Michael Hunt wrote:
> I do concede Greg that I know owe you two beers instead of one !!!
You do? I didn't notice you owing me one beer, let alone two.
But I could easily be convinced. :)
Shame I can't make it to Eddie's tomorrow.

> My problem was in being, it seems, to quick and simplistic in my answer!
<excess exclamation points deleted to protect the excitable.>
Presumably, my problem was my answer was long and tedious. :)

Your answer was fine, in terms of a description of MD5 encryption, but
"md5-exact" seemed to imply the check-summing side of MD5.

> By the way are you going to include your Crypto 101 in the Linux courses ?
I might leave that to someone more knowledgable, more versed in
_practical_ cryptography, or with just plain more time.

> (Crypto 101 sounds like something from a superman comic).
Only if we have a PLUG crypto night.

> > Well, it was _reasonably_ funny. Did manage to hang on to my chair OK,
> > though and the eyes are strangely dry - I must be recovering.
> Well maybe Leon can finish off with a five minute comedy sketch at the end
> of his presentation. Maybe "Life experiences and thoughts about Battery
> Hens" could be the theme Leon *grin*.
How did I know it would get back to chickens? Are you a scary devil monk
or is this just coincidence?

> If it is good enough maybe Fast Eddies will have him as a permanent standup
On the other hand, they might just ask him to sit down. :)

> !!!
???

> > > (It is nice to see Leon that you are all smiles. *grin*)
> > > Brett read Leon's email address if you don't get the above remark.
> > I s'pose you just haven't noticed it before since Leon posts to the main
> > list so infrequently since Chris created plug-leon at linux.org.au for him.
> Well I have only ever seen the smileys address. Hence the pun.

That would be because the list was never created, except in Chris M's mind
- he suggested it in jest about an unbroken dozen-post spree Leon embarked
upon one evening. Probably before you subscribed, now that I think of it.
While Gary never went to such lengths to keep such high-volume traffic off
plug, the virtual creation of the list was enough to temporarily halt the
flood. :)

-Greg