[plug] Web Search?

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon May 10 17:33:30 WST 1999

On Mon, 10 May 1999, GB wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just joined the PLUG mailing list, just wondering:

Nice to see you  ....

> Has anybody here tried Red Hat 6.0 with the 2.2.x kernel?

Yup ....

> Is it considered operationally "safe" as opposed to stable version wise?
> Stability is why I'm running, not migrating, from Win 95.

... I spose it depends on what you use it for .... I have "played" with it on
a Notebook but as yet I haven't installed it on a machine I use frequently
... although when I have time I intend to put it on my workstation at work.

> Have it on order from Sydney, but if it is risky I'll struggle trying to get
> 2.2.5 + into RH5.2..

... Hmmm you shouln't have ANY trouble getting a 2.2.X series kernel running
on 5.2

Yours Tony.