[plug] Web Search?

GB gb at perthpcug.org.au
Mon May 10 17:55:52 WST 1999

Joint reply to Anthony and Michael..

It's more a question of "ability" than being worried about the hands!!

Thanks for the welcome.. Will try to make Fast Eddies tomorrow @19:30..

Have had this machine (Toshiba 220 CDS) on RH 5.2, but that was not a major
drama..  Need to go to a later kernel to have built in Parallel support for an
external LS120 drive.. Have tried to update kernel, but didn't really understand
what I was doing, even following the instructions.. Think a second try using a new
installation with 2.2.x would be a better proposition!

Will look forward to hearing of experience with RH6.0 tomorrow! Only reason
Windows will get a spot on my computers is a need for Borland's C++ compiler for

Regards,

Garry.