[plug] Soundcard IRQ

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Fri May 14 22:41:41 WST 1999

Hi, I seem to be having problems with the IRQ setting for my soundcard,
in the kernel. When I run a program such as x11amp or wavp, the sound
comes in bursts separated by silence, and this message is output:

Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Obviously this seems to be an IRQ problem. My question is this: how can
I find out what IRQ to use, without resorting to a process of
elimination, and does anyone have annother diagnosis for the problem?

--
Oliver White