[plug] re: web access and mail server

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Wed May 19 00:08:32 WST 1999

> I need to know the following:
> 1) can linux handle multiple domains

iiNet does it with Linux.

> 2) I want to install a Linux server on a NetWare network to handle the follow
> ing:
> 	a) all internet access to the ISP (IInet has a package called network a
> ffilitate that gives us a permanent 	connection to the internet.

My box edoes.

> 	b) all email to and from the internet
I use fetchmail to get my mail, cucipop for a POP3 service and sendmail to
send mail for my dialup connexion.

> 	c) all other remote sites will be dialing into the Novell server (this
> can be the Linux server) to access e-mail and 	internet access, is thi
> s possible with Linux?

Of course.
 Visit Dymocks, Boffins or Rellims and choose, maybe, a  book with a Linux
CD attached.
Browse the TOC first to see one likely to suite what you want to do. It
mightn't have the very latest Linux, but it's the book you want most.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield