[plug] re: web access and mail server

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed May 19 18:22:18 WST 1999

Jon L. Miller wrote:
> I need to know the following:
> 1) can linux handle multiple domains
> 2) I want to install a Linux server on a NetWare network to handle the following:
>         a) all internet access to the ISP (IInet has a package called network affilitate that gives us a permanent      connection to the internet.
>         b) all email to and from the internet
>         c) all other remote sites will be dialing into the Novell server (this can be the Linux server) to access e-mail and    internet access, is this possible with Linux?

This kind of thing is Linux's bread and butter. I haven't played with
the NetWare-specific aspects very much at all, but know others who have
and are very pleased. As long as you don't have to use MS Exchange
(hawk, spit) as an email server for some package-specific reason, it
should all fly nicely. There are also several SQL servers available (and
many of them for free) which wouldn't noticeably impact any modern
system, and several different ways of interfacing same to the web.

--
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I installed Linux.