[plug] Sendmail and procmail problems !!!!

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Fri Nov 5 05:36:43 WST 1999

> The advantage is i dont need sendmail. It serves no purpose for me.
> Fetchmail does POP, Procmail separates the lists and spam.

You have nothing listening on port 25?
Nothing in /usr/sbin/sendmail or /usr/lib/sendmail?

no files in /var/spool/mqueue?

Various bits of the system will want to send mail from time to time; crond
does and it runs programs to update the database for the locate command
and various other things. You don't have to have sendmail, but you do need
some mail transport.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield