[plug] SCSI Install Problem adaptec ava1515

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Nov 12 11:16:26 WST 1999

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Mark Saxon wrote:

> insmod   says SCSI ID 7 so I guess this means it should be found on what
> /dev/sgg?

'7' would be the ID of the controller, not the scanner.
For a disc, the ID is auto-detected. Not on a scanner?

Note - your kernel must detect two things: the scsi controler, and then
the scanner.

> If I wanted to access it on /dev/sge I would have to pass this to the module
> when I started it  say insmod  aha152x=0x340,11,5.

No,  SCSI ID != node number, AFAIK. Not with my zip drive, anyway.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining
and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.
                -- Mark Twain