[plug] Debian install with a 2.2 kernel

Christian christian at global.net.au
Thu Nov 18 12:50:29 WST 1999

Hi all,

I'm going out to install Debian 2.1 on a Compaq server with some fairly
recent hardware, however, I understand attempts to boot the machine with
the CD-ROM have failed.  Although I haven't looked at the machine
myself, by the sounds of things the 2.0 kernel that this uses by default
cannot handle the hardware and so crashes on boot.  I don't have a copy
of Slink handy so I won't really have a chance to play with this until I
get out there so I was hoping for some advice in advance.  Is there a
way you can boot the Slink install with a 2.2 kernel?  Does the CDROM
come with a 2.2 kernel on it that can be used?  Am I going about this
the wrong way?

Regards,

Christian.

--
Epperson's law:
	When a man says it's a silly, childish game, it's probably